1. CROSS BEARER
- Lead entrance procession
- Go straight up the steps behind the altar and turn to face the people
- Hold cross until Father bows, then place it in the stand and go down to the pew. (BEHIND altar)
- At the end of Mass, when Father says “The Mass is ended, go in peace” go up steps, get cross and line up in center aisle
- When Father bows and turns around, lead procession out of church
2. BOOK BEARER
- After the “GLORIA” when Father says, “Let us pray” take the book to Father
- Go straight up the steps – DO NOT BOW
- After Communion when Father stands up and says “Let us pray” take the book to Father the second time
3. CANDLE BEARERS
- As soon as second reader is at the bottom of the steps, walk TOGETHER toward the Ambo, stop in front of the Altar, bow TOGETHER, continue till you are in front of Ambo, go up the steps
- Take candles and stand on either side of Father (be in line with the legs of the Altar)
- Turn and escort Father to the Ambo
- Face each other and hold candles during the reading of the Gospel (rest candles on stand)
- When Father is finished reading, put candles in stand, go straight down steps, stop in front of Altar - bow (TOGETHER) and continue walking to your pew.
DO NOT WALK BEHIND ALTAR
SETTING THE ALTAR:
- As soon as everyone has sat down after the Prayers of the Faithful, go straight up the steps to the credence table
- One server takes the corporal, the other the chalice and purificator to the Altar
- TOGETHER go back to credence table
- One server takes the Sacramentary to the Altar, the other waits by the credence table
- Each takes a candle and moves them from the Ambo to the Altar.
- Face each other and wait until Father stands up to meet gift bearer family
- Accompany Father down steps, one on either side of him
- One is given the Paten the other the Wine
- Place Paten in center of Altar on Corporal and go to credence table to get a water cruet (leave top of cruet on credence table) stand beside server holding the wine.
- Take top off wine cruet and wait for Father to take it from you
- Go to credence table TOGETHER, one brings finger bowl, the other the finger towel
- Go back to credence table TOGETHER, put things in order, then walk behind Father down the steps to your pew and sit down.